This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: Less than 2 weeks
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
Murray’s Mascarpone is borne of a cheesemaking tradition that dates back centuries. Light cream is heated and thickened by adding either lemon juice or vinegar to create a fresh cheese that’s lactic, creamy, and endlessly spreadable. It’s intensely sweet and milky, perfect for mixing into a homemade tiramisu or enjoying on its own. Spread it on Effie's Oatcakes and drizzle it with Astor Apiaries Raw Clover Honey.
- Mascarpone cheese is native to a region of Italy just southwest of Milan and dates back to the late 16th or early 17th century.
- Murray’s Mascarpone is made using light cream with 25% butterfat.
- The cream is heated and thickened by adding tartaric acid, typically in the form of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Mascarpone gets its name from the Italian "mascarpa," a milk product made from the whey of “stracchino,” a specific type of young cheese.
- Murray’s Mascarpone is produced by Mila, a dairy cooperative in the Alto Adige region.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.