Maple Leaf Red Wax Gouda
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Vegetarian Rennet
- Age: 1-2 months
- Cow Milk
- by Maple Leaf Cheese
- United States
This snackable Gouda comes straight from a century-old Wisconsin dairy cooperative. Wrapped in a bright red wax, its creamy texture is punctuated with sweet, buttery notes. Maple Leaf Red Wax Gouda is an American favorite that can be melted on sandwiches or pasta, enjoyed with some McClure's Pickles Garlic Dill Pickles and Creminelli Wild Boar Salami, or served with simple crackers as an easy snack.
- Murray’s has tasted countless American-style goudas over the years, and Maple Leaf Red Wax Gouda has consistently remained the standout.
- This creamy young Gouda is made using part-skimmed RBST-free pasteurized cow’s milk.
- Additional ripening of the milk and partial washing of the curd give it a balanced, pleasing flavor.
- Encased in red wax, the finished product has a uniformly creamy paste that melts in your mouth.
- Maple Leaf Cheese Cooperative prides itself on a century-long history of cheese making.
- It was founded in 1910 by a group of local cheesemakers looking to build a consistent market for their milk.
- Drawing inspiration from Dutch recipes and using milk from a cooperative of second- and third-generation Wisconsin dairy families, Maple Leaf delivers old world cheesemaking with a distinctly American flavor.
- Led by cheesemakers Jeff Wideman and Paul Reigle, Maple Leaf delivers the highest in quality directly from Wisconsin—a heartland for American cheeses.