Murray's Camembert Fermier
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 4 Weeks
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
Murray's Camembert Fermier is made using traditional French production techniques, dating all the way back to 1791, to create a rich, unctuous cheese with plenty of toasted, buttery mushroom notes. Spread it on a Rustic Bakery Rosemary & Olive Oil Flatbread and top with some Sidehill Raspberry Jam.
- Murray's Camembert Fermier has a delicate, white downy rind that holds a creamy, straw-colored paste.
- Flavor can range from toasted, buttered mushrooms when young, to oysters on the half shell and broccoli soup when it’s more mature.
- Murray’s Camembert Fermier is a farmstead cheese made at the Ferme de la Tremblaye outside of the village of La Boissiere-Ecole.
- Camembert dates back to 1791, where it was first produced just outside of Paris, in Normandy, France, after a cheesemaker sought the guidance a priest who was traveling from Brie.
- In the 1800s, Camembert began being stored in wooden boxes to transport the cheese without it losing its shape.
- It was famously shipped to French soldiers during WWI.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.