Murray's Cranberry Orange Preserves
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Murray's Cheese
- United States
Murray’s Cranberry Orange Preserves are made with real fruit and all-natural ingredients. This jam is a sweet take on chutney that features a blend of bright, juicy oranges and cranberries with cinnamon and allspice to create a fruit spread that’s zesty and citrusy. Perfect for holiday cooking or enjoying year-round, it pairs well with ham and turkey, as well as firm and soft cheeses alike--try it with Murray’s Brie or a traditional cheddar.
- All Murray’s jams are made without the use of additional pectin. Abundant levels of natural pectin are found in pears, apples, guavas, quince, plums, gooseberries, and citrus fruits. Soft fruits like cherries, grapes and strawberries contain smaller amounts of natural pectin. Mass-produced jams often add a high level of extracted pectin as an economical filler for their jam or jelly products. High-quality jams such as these use more fruit and are cooked longer to achieve the correct texture and more flavorful jam.
- Jam as a category is defined by texture. Jams are typically made from fruit that is thickly cut and then cooked until the mixture is a thick purée. Whereas jelly is defined by its clear, bright appearance that is achieved by the addition of fruit juice.
- This jam is made using cranberries, raisins, oranges apples, sugar cane, apple cider vinegar, allspice, cinnamon and cloves. This tart yet spiced jam harnesses the aromatic power of cloves. Clove traditionally pairs well with cinnamon, allspice, vanilla, red wine and basil, as well as onion, citrus peel, star anise, or peppercorns and is often associated with autumnal and winter foods.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.