Murray's French Double Crème Brie
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 2 Months
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
Murray’s French Double Crème Brie is buttery and rich, with a luxurious creamy interior and downy white rind. More mild than traditional French Brie, which typically has notes of mushrooms and fresh earth, this version has amped up butterfat that leads to a luscious texture, and flavors of fresh milk and salted butter. Bake this brie with Murray’s fruit preserves or smear it onto a baguette for easy snacking. This French cheese also pairs well with a fruity Sauvignon Blanc or a smooth Chardonnay.
- The first double crème cheese was made in 1850 by an unknown Swiss cheesemaker.
- Traditional Brie cheeses are named for the Brie area in the Ile-De-France region of France, where it has been produced since the 8th century.
- Brie was traditionally known as the "King's Cheese."
- This cheese is classified as double crème because the added cream renders it 60% butterfat (by dry weight), but because it is a young cheese, most of its weight is water.
- The downy white rind characteristic of brie-style cheeses is known as a bloomy rind. It’s formed by intentionally cultivated molds that “bloom” on the surface of the cheese and are patted down during the aging process, over time layering to form the delicate rind.
- The rind breaks down the cheese from the outside in, causing it to get softer and gooier over time.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.
Pairing vodka and cheese may seem counterintuitive, but the truth is that this clean spirit is well-suited for nuanced cheeses that help bring out the subtleties of its flavor.