Murray's Honey Goat Gouda
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Vegetarian Rennet
- Age: 6 Months
- Goat Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
A classic combination of milk and honey lends its signature sweetness to Murray’s Honey Goat Gouda. This goat’s milk Gouda-style cheese is infused and washed with fresh honey during the make process to create a pleasant, subtly sweet bite complete with notes of roasted cashew and a hint of caramel. Try it with Sea Salt & Olive Oil Z Crackers, finished with a dollop of Le Bon Magot Carrot and Fruit Conserve for a truly unique, savory-sweet bite
- Murray’s Honey Goat Gouda is a nutty, mild goat’s milk cheese infused with fresh honey to create its signature sweetness.
- It is made by the Kaamps Estate. Kaamps Estate is one of the very few farmstead cow’s milk cheesemakers in Holland.
- This goat Gouda is not farmstead – the milk is sourced from neighboring goat dairies.
- Gouda cheese gets its name from its Dutch city of origin, though as the style of cheese has expanded across the globe, so too has the name evolved to apply broadly to the style of cheese rather than the city of Gouda.
- Traditionally made with cow’s milk, goat, sheep, and mixed milk versions are becoming increasingly popular.
- Goudas are a washed-curd cheese, meaning that after the curds are cut, they are rinsed—or “washed”—with water.
- This process increases the pH level of the cheese, as well as its sweetness by preventing the breakdown of sugars into acid.
- Fresh honey is directly added to the paste of Murray’s Honey Goat Gouda early in the production process.
- Honey is also included in the washing mixture during the aging process.
- The infused honey is the perfect complement to the naturally nutty, sweet flavors of the cheese.
- Murray’s Honey Goat Gouda is excellent for melting and snacking, though also enjoyed simply sliced on a cracker and paired with a glass of crisp white wine.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.
Pairing vodka and cheese may seem counterintuitive, but the truth is that this clean spirit is well-suited for nuanced cheeses that help bring out the subtleties of its flavor.