Murray's Smoked Mozzarella
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Vegetarian Rennet
- Age: 1-2 Days
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
- United States
Please order Murray's Smoked Mozzarella in full-pound units, starting with a minimum of 1 pound. Murray's Smoked Mozzarella is an incomparable interpretation of an Italian classic. It’s moist and tender, with milky acidity and authentic woodsy aromas that come from the smoking process. The Salzarulo family who makes the cheese brought their mozzarella-making method from their ancestral Lioni, Italy to their New Jersey business. Lactic and fresh, this mozzarella will be a favorite on any antipasti plate—especially with a dollop of Blake Hill Preserves Jalapeño & Lime Chili Jam.
* Murray's Smoked Mozzarella is made from farm-fresh pasteurized cow’s milk to give it its clean, lactic flavor. * It’s produced by Lioni Latticini, a New Jersey-based business owned by the Salzarulo family and founded in 1980. * The family carried cheesemaking traditions from their Lioni, Italy, homeland to their Union, New Jersey, production facility. * Milk is sourced from nearby New York farms. * The pasteurized cow’s milk is transformed into cheese, then pulled and twisted into fist-size knots before being smoked over natural hickory and cherrywood chips. * Unlike other producers that rely on the additive liquid smoke, Lioni Latticini uses a natural smoking process to enhance the flavor of the cheese and build a subtle, sweet fruit-wood aroma. * This smoked mozzarella is perfect for pizza, sandwiches, pasta, or simply enjoying on its own as a snack.
While harder cheeses can stay fresh for up to two to three weeks when wrapped tightly and unopened, fresh style cheeses are best consumed within a few days. The best thing to do is to keep the cheese in one of your refrigerator drawers or the vegetable bin; this will help to keep your cheese from drying out. If your cheese is packed in olive oil or brine, store any leftovers in the liquid and follow package instructions. All cheeses and meats are perishables—by definition they degrade over time—so we encourage our customers to enjoy the cheese while it's in peak condition!
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.