Murray's Genoa Salami
This item is temporarily unavailable
View similar products
Murray's Genoa Salami
- Age: 4 Weeks
- by Murray's Cheese
- United States
Made with heritage pork raised in open pastures, Murray’s Genoa Salami has a rich texture and approachable flavor. An American take on a centuries-old Italian classic, the salami is seasoned with white pepper and fresh garlic resulting in a balanced, savory, tangy flavor. Elevate its umami notes with some Murray's Spicy Jalapeno Pickle Chips, Cellars at Jasper Hill Cabot Clothbound Cheddar, and a pint of a heady wheat beer.
Pork, Sea Salt, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Turbinado Sugar, Garlic, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Natural Flavoring, Wine, Garlic, Lactic Acid Starter Culture
- Murray’s Genoa salami is made in America and inspired by the dry-curing traditions of Genoa, Italy.
- The Genoa region is known specifically for its pork production.
- Salami production dates back centuries, when meat was smoked, fermented and dried out of necessity.
- The dry-curing technique used for salami requires humidity- and temperature-controlled drying.
- The humidity and temperatures used to cure the meat determine its texture and moisture levels, ranging from dry and fine to chewy and fatty, as well as its depth of flavor.
- Murray’s salami falls in the middle— firm with a slight chew at the finish.
- We recommend you simply remove the casing before slicing, and this salami is ready to eat.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.