Italian Antipasto and Asiago Chopped Salad
Recipe: Italian Antipasto and Asiago Chopped Salad
Italian Antipasto Chopped SaladA twist on traditional antipasto.
- Prep Time : 15 min.
- Cook Time : 0 min.
- Total Time : 15 min.
- Serves 4
- FOR CREAMY OREGANO VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup Myrray's Barolo Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp Fallot Dijon Mustard
- 1 ea. garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red chili flake
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ea. egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Murray's Italian EVOO
- FOR SALAD
- 1 each small head of radicchio, shredded
- 1 each small head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 each small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, leaves picked
- 1 1/2 cups Asiago Pressato, diced into medium cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Murray’s Genoa Salami, diced into medium cubes
- 15 oz. (1 can) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cups sweet pickled peppers, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups olives, sliced into rings
- To make the vinaigrette, add all the ingredients except for the olive oil to a blender. Process until smooth, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil until an emulsion forms. Set aside.
- To shred the radicchio and cabbage, cut the heads in half, then cut the leaves as thinly as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining salad ingredients with the shredded lettuces and dressing then mix thoroughly. Chiffonade half the parsley and mix this into the salad as well. Garnish the salad with the remaining parsley leaves.