Mitica® Caramelized Walnuts Minitub
- by Mitica®
Hailing from Valencia, Spain, Mitica Caramelized Walnuts are a sweet treat whether they’re eaten by the handful or incorporated into a dish. With their toasted caramel flavor and crunchy texture, they’re perfect for adding some nutty sweetness to a salad or a touch of candied earthiness to Vermont Creamery’s Goat Log.
Allergens: Tree Nuts
- Walnuts are a tree nut, though they’re classified botanically as a fruit.
- The perfect foil to salty blue cheeses and tangy goat cheeses—make it a cheese plate with fresh pears and a bright white or rosé.
- They’re great tossed in a salad with arugula and dried cranberries.
- From the Spanish word for mythical, Mitica is a gourmet food importer that offers the best of the best from Spain and the Iberian Peninsula.
- Regional delicacies, like marcona almonds, membrillo, and crispy tortas, are carefully curated by the company’s product experts.
- Based in Long Island, New York, Mitica is part of the specialty food company Forever Cheese, founded by Michele Buster and Pierluigi Sini.
- Forever Cheese was created in 1998 to share Sini’s renowned family cheeses with a U.S. audience.
- The duo originally offered Italian cheeses before moving into Spanish, Portuguese, and even Croatian cheese.
- It wasn’t long before they were also adding other charcuterie staples, like prosciutto and fruit spreads, to the fold