Murray's Buffalo Mozzarella 8oz
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Vegetarian Rennet
- Age: 1-2 Days
- Buffalo Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
- United States
Sweet, silky, and pillowy soft, Murray’s Buffalo Mozzarella is a lusciously decadent cheese. With almost twice the fat content of cow’s milk, the buffalo milk used to create this cheese gives it a thick, creamy texture with a springy bounce and sweet taste. Try it on pizza, use it in a Caprese salad, or drizzle with some balsamic vinegar and serve on a charcuterie board with Prosciutto di Parma and marinated sundried tomatoes.
- With nearly double the fat content of cow’s milk, buffalo milk creates the creamy, luscious base used in Murray’s Buffalo Mozzarella.
- The cheese is made using milk from Asian water buffalo rather than American bison.
- The Asian water buffalo were brought to Italy centuries ago for the purpose of plowing rice fields.
- Fresh cheeses like Murray’s Buffalo Mozzarella have a shorter shelf-life than other cheeses, and should be eaten shortly after purchasing to enjoy their flavor at its peak.
- The milk use in the cheese is imported from Italy but made locally—shortening the time from make to table so it can be enjoyed at peak freshness.
While harder cheeses can stay fresh for up to two to three weeks when wrapped tightly and unopened, fresh style cheeses are best consumed within a few days. The best thing to do is to keep the cheese in one of your refrigerator drawers or the vegetable bin; this will help to keep your cheese from drying out. If your cheese is packed in olive oil or brine, store any leftovers in the liquid and follow package instructions. All cheeses and meats are perishables—by definition they degrade over time—so we encourage our customers to enjoy the cheese while it's in peak condition!
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.