The Beach Day Board
The Beach Day BoardA bright spread for a day in the sun
Surf’s up with this picnic platter that’s made for a day out on the sand. For this board, we’ve chosen firm, crumbly cheeses that won’t melt in the heat, and put together a few bright and simple original recipes to turn a basic snacking spread into a gourmet feast. To bring on the flavor, we’ve made Marinated Young Manchego, sweet Stuffed Peppadews, and a refreshing salad filled with cool labne and chili crisps that you can eat with your hands--no utensils required. Customize your own version of our Beach Day Board with your choice of chips, fruit, or your favorite summer bites.
- Prep Time : 4 hr
- Assembly Time : 15 min
- Total Time : 4 hr 15 min
- Serves: 4-6
- 1/2 lb. Pecorino Oro Antico
- 1/2 lb. Goat Lady Dairy Providence
- 1 ea. Vermont Salumi Fennel Salami, 4 oz.
- 1 ea. Mitica Spanish Cocktail Minitub, 3.53 oz.
- 1 ea. Georgia Sourdough Sea Salt Crackers, 4 oz.
- Chips of your choice
- MARINATED YOUNG MANCHEGO
- 1 lb. Murray's Young Manchego
- 3/4 cup Murray's Italian EVOO 750ML
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 small Orange
- Fronds from 1 bulb fennel
- Kosher salt
- STUFFED PEPPADEWS
- 1 jar Peppadews 14.75 oz
- 1 ea. Vermont Creamery Herb Goat Log 4 oz
- SALAD WITH LABNE CHILI CRISP DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups Victor's Labne 16 oz
- Young romaine or butter lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. Chili crisp
- Kosher salt
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- For the Marinated Manchego
- Chunk the Young Manchego into pieces roughly 1/2 inch in size.
- Toss with 1/4 cup of Murray's olive oil, slivers of orange rind, orange zest, cracked black pepper and thyme sprigs.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
- For the Stuffed Peppadews:
- Spoon soft VC creamery goat log into a piping bag or plastic bag with one tip cut off.
- Pipe roughly a teaspoon of the goat cheese into each peppadew pepper.
- For the Salad with Labne Chili Crisp Dipping Sauce:
- Spoon the labne into a serving dish and drizzle with the chili crisp.
- Wash the romaine lettuce and separate each leaf to serve. Use the lettuce cups to dip.
- For the Board:
- Partially chunk the Pecorino Oro Antico and slice the Goat Lady Dairy Providence into rectangles.
- Slice the Vermont Salumi Fennel Salami into coins
- Fill a board or plate with various jars or bowls for serving, leaving space in between.
- Place the Pecorino Oro Antico in one corner of the board, and the Goat Lady Dairy Providence slices in the opposite diagonal corner. Fill one of the jars with the Marinated Young Manchego.
- Fill the center of the board with salami coins.
- Fill the top most empty corner with Georgia Sourdough Sea Salt Crackers.
- Fill another jar with chips of your choosing, and another with Spanish Cocktail Mix.
- Fill the remaining jar with Stuffed Peppadews.
- Fill the rest of the board with grapes or fruit and greens of your choosing, and serve with the Labne Chili Crisp Hand Salad.