The Best of the Midwest Cheese Board
The Best of the Midwest Cheese BoardA taste from America’s best cheese makers
We’ve rounded up three of our best-selling selections from America’s cheese heartland for this original board featuring all-American charcuterie and rich, simple snacks. Pleasant Ridge Reserve and Bleu Mont Dairy Bandaged Cheddar both hail from Wisconsin, while Caveman Blue is a standout from Oregon. These award-winning favorites complement Iowa’s La Quercia meat and salami from Chicago’s Red Bear provisions, along with a handful of rustic crackers, sweet sundried cherries, and mouthwatering fig chutney.
- Prep Time : 5 min
- Assembly Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 15 min.
- Serves: 4
- ½ lb. Uplands Cheese Company Pleasant Ridge Reserve Extra Aged
- ½ lb. Black River Blue
- ½ lb. Bleu Mont Dairy Bandaged Cheddar
- 1 ea. La Quercia Prosciutto Americano, 2 oz.
- 1 ea. La Quercia Nduja, 4 oz.
- 1 ea. Red Bear Holy Cow! Beef Salami, 8 oz.
Prep and Assembly Directions
- Partially chunk chunk the Bandaged Cheddar, slice the Pleasant Ridge into long batonettes, and triangle slice the Black River Blue.
- Partially slice the salami into coins, leaving about half intact.
- Arrange the cheeses on a round board with two empty jars in the center, creating a shingled line of Black River Blue slices along the bottom. Arrange a pile of Pleasant Ridge batonettes to the left, and place the Bandaged Cheddar towards the top edge of the board.
- Arrange the prosciutto and the salami on either side of the Bandaged Cheddar.
- On the empty left side of the board, make a neat pile of Rustic Bakery flatbread crackers. Then fill the remaining space in the center with sundried cherries.
- Fill the two jars with chutney and ‘Nduja, respectively.