This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Murray's Cheese
Also known as Nocellara del Belice, Castelvetrano Olives are prized for their mild, sweet-yet-savory taste and meaty, buttery-soft flesh. These bright green beauties set themselves apart from other olives in that they’re cured with lye rather than through dry-salting or brining. This eliminates any hint of bitterness than might otherwise remain and lets the delicate buttery flavor shine through. Try them with some Murray’s Burrata and a few slices of Surry Farm Sliced Surryano Ham.
- Though many olives are cured using dry salting or brining techniques, Castelvetrano Olives are instead cured with lye, which eliminates all traces of bitterness and allows the rich, buttery flavor to shine.
- Bright green in color, they share a resemblance to Cerignola Olives.
- Native to Sicily, they are named after the city of Castelvetrano in the northwest part of the island.
- They are one of the most popular Sicilian olive cultivars, and also go by the name Nocellara del Belice
- Castelvetranos have a meaty, buttery-soft flesh and a mild, sweet-yet-savory taste.
- These olives pair well with slices of cured ham and a bowl of sea salt crackers.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.