Murray's Aged English Cheddar
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 12-14 Months
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
- United Kingdom
Hailing from Dorset, England, this cow’s milk cheddar is created following a cheesemaking tradition that dates back to the Middle Ages. Infused with grassy notes from its English fields of origin, Murray’s Aged English Cheddar is matured for a 12-14 months until it emerges with a foundation of tangy and nutty undertones—think sour cream, toasted hazelnuts, and savory pot roast. Try it with a dollop of Hillside Caramelized Fig Chutney served on a Firehook Sea Salt Cracker.
- Cheddar dates back to the Middle Ages, within origins in the village of Cheddar located in Somerset, England.
- The term cheddar refers not only to a style of cheese but also the process that’s used to make it. Cheddaring is a technique during cheesemaking where the curd is cut into small pieces to further drain the whey and create the cheddars we love. First, the curd is cooked and the whey is drained, then the actual cheddaring begins, when the curds are piled together and cut into long slabs, which are turned and stacked over and over until they consolidate and become firmer as the rest of the whey drains, creating the building blocks for cheddar cheese.
- Cheddar is the most popular cheese in the United Kingdom, making up 51% of their cheese consumption. However, it’s ranked number two in the U.S., falling behind mozzarella.
- Unlike its clothbound cousins, known for more earthy, horseradish flavors, Murray’s English Cheddar contains sweeter, caramelly notes.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.
Richly buttery and oaky, with heavy notes of vanilla, brown butter, and tropical fruit. New World chardonnay refers to wines from the United States and warmer climates.
Think of hops as the seasoning for beer—they lend the bitter yin to balance malt’s sugary yang. In IPAs and other hoppy beers, this humble flower takes center stage. Flavors range from grassy to grapefruit, earthy and dry to resinous pine, depending on which hop varietals are used.