Murray's Sliced Sopressata
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Age: 4 Weeks
- by Murray's Cheese
- United States
Packed with whole black peppercorns and garlic, Murray’s Sliced Sopressata is slow-aged and thin-sliced, creating a deep and beautifully marbled salami. Pasture-raised, antibiotic-free, Heritage-breed pork matures over several months to develop its aromatic, savory flavors. Decadent swirls of meat and fat distinguish this full-bodied salami, one that’s best enjoyed with a nutty Piave Vecchio and a dollop of Le Bon Magot Tomato and White Sultana Chutney.
- Murray’s Sliced Sopressata is made by made by an American-based producer that specializes in Italian cured meat traditions.
- The Sopressata is spiced with black peppercorn and garlic, to give it a zesty, rich flavor.
- Pasture-raised, antibiotic-free pork is coarsely ground to give the salami a fatty texture with high moisture levels.
- The casing is covered in a dusting of benign white mold, a “good” mold that cures the meat and fends off potentially harmful bacteria.
- The casing is removed and this salami is ready to eat as-is.
- Salami production dates back centuries, when meat was smoked, fermented and dried out of necessity.
- The dry-curing technique used for salami requires humidity- and temperature-controlled drying.
- The humidity and temperatures used to cure the meat determine its texture and moisture levels, ranging from dry and fine to chewy and fatty, as well as its depth of flavor.
- Murray’s salami falls in the middle—firm with a slight chew at the finish.
- Murray’s Sliced Sopressata is an ideal hors d’oeuvre for any event, especially when paired with a medium-bodied red wine.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.