Rustic Bakery Meyer Lemon Shortbread
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Rustic Bakery
- United States
Sweet citrus notes brighten Rustic Bakery Meyer Lemon Shortbread cookies and capture the essence of a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade on a sunny, summer day in one crumbly cookie. Flavored with Meyer lemons, these tasty treats are delicious when dunked in a cup of earl grey tea or paired with some Murray's Delice and Pistachio Cream Spread.
Allergens: Milk, Wheat
- The trick to a good shortbread is balancing the butter, sugar, and flour—and Rustic Bakery does just that.
- Because Meyer lemons are sweeter than other lemons, they add a distinct citrus flavor to the Meyer Lemon Shortbread cookies without masking the rich, buttery flavor of the biscuit.
- A Scottish treat, shortbread has a centuries-long history—some records even date it back to the 12th century.
- Mary Queen of Scots is credited with refining the recipe in the 1500s, and the first printed recipe for the cookie dates back to 1736.
- Shortbread was once considered a delicacy due to its high butter and sugar content and was reserved for Christmas and Hogmanay (Scotland’s New Year’s Eve celebration).
- Rustic Bakery was founded by Carol LeValley and Josh Harris in 2005.
- After the couple received an order for 50 cases of their homemade sourdough flatbread crackers from Cowgirl Creamery, a San Francisco-based artisanal cheese producer, they quickly settled into a commercial kitchen space near their Navato home and launched their company.
- LeValley and Harris shared their flatbread crackers the following January at San Francisco’s Fancy Food Show, and quickly caught the attention of industry insiders. Not long after, the brand went national.
- Today, Rustic Bakery is best known for their simple, flavorful crackers and shortbreads that pair beautifully with a wide variety of cheeses