The MVP BoardThis Most Valuable Platter is a celebratory show-stopper of epic proportions.
It’s the pinnacle of food presentations! Our MVP Board is not for the faint of heart--this six-cheese masterpiece showcases Murray’s renowned quality products in one peak platter. Roll up your sleeves and get slicing, because this colorful cheese board features not only our best cheeses, meats, and pantry items, but also includes a Murray’s original recipe Cheeseball, made from cream cheese, Robiola, and a few other tasty surprises. This absolutely stunning board is guaranteed to make mouths water at your next gathering.
- Prep Time : 30 min.
- Assembly Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 50 min.
- Serves: 8
- 1/2 lb. Murray's Cave Aged Gruyère
- 1/2 lb. Cellars At Jasper Hill Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
- 1/2 lb. Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog
- 1/2 lb. Meadow Creek Dairy Grayson
- 1 lb. Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese
- 1 lb. Maple Leaf Pepper Jack
- 1 ea. Jan's Farmhouse Crisps Cranberry & Pistachio Crisps 4 oz
- 1 ea. Z Crackers Sea Salt And Olive Oil Crackers 8 oz
- 1 ea. Candied Walnuts 8 oz
- 6oz Caramel popcorn
- 1 ea. Murray's Roasted and Salted Pistachios 8oz
SMOKEY CHEESEBALL COMPONENTS
- 1 cup Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Fresh Robiola, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Rouge Creamery Smokey Blue, crumbled
- 1/2 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 3 + 3 tbsp Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Shallot, minced
- 3 tbsp Any Dried Fruit, minced
- 1/2 bunch Parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Celery Stalks, Crackers, or Bread to Serve
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Create the Smoky Cheeseball using our Great Taste by Murray’s recipe.
- Slice the Grayson into long triangles and cube the Pepperjack.
- Partially chunk the Cabot Clothbound Cheddar and Original Blue, leaving 2-3 inches of cheese on the rind.
- Slice the salami into coins.
- Slice the cucumber and strawberries (optional).
- Place the whole wedge of Humboldt Fog in the top right corner of your board, leaving at least 3 inches between the corner edges and the rind of the cheese. Moving clockwise, shingle the sliced Grayson, place the cubed Pepperjack, pile the partially chunked Cabot Clothbound Cheddar (along with the remaining large piece of the wedge), shingle the triangle cuts of Gruyere, and place the partially chunked Original Blue around the board with 3-4 inches of separation between each one. Each cheese should be oriented towards the center of the board. Place your completed Smoky Cheeseball in the bottom left hand corner of the board.
- Drape your Prosciutto all the way around the cheeseball, creating circular flowing effect. Place the salami coins starting at the top right hand corner of the board and flowing around the Humboldt Fog – do not place salami past the end tip of the cheese.
- Fan out the Z Crackers between the Blue and the Salami, with the base of the fan closest to the center of the board. Shingle the Farmhouse Crisps between the Pepperjack, Cabot Clothbound, and Prosciutto-ringed cheeseball.
- Fill in the space between the Gruyere and the Blue with pistachios, and pile more pistachios at the bottom of the board, between the Pepperjack and the Grayson (not pictured). In the space between the Z Crackers, Humboldt Fog, and Grayson, fill with Castelvetrano Olives. Starting at the olives and extending to the rightmost edge of the board, pile some popcorn.
- In the remaining leftmost space, between the Cheddar and the Gruyere, shingle slices of cucumber. Directly to the right of that and extending out into the space in the center of the board, place fresh strawberries (we sliced them, but they can be left whole). In the remaining space, between the popcorn and the Grayson, place a 50-50 mixture of raspberries and blueberries. Enjoy!