The Bagel Board
SHOP INGREDIENTS & PAIRINGS BELOW
(not including the prep/cook for the sausage, egg, and cheese)
The Bagel BoardA sweet and savory take on brunch.
There's no better brunch than a bagel brunch, and we couldn't help giving it the cheese board treatment. On this DIY board, guests can choose their own bagel adventure with options that are sweet and fruity (a compound butter made with seasonal goat cheese, an easy blueberry cream cheese, and lots of fresh fruit) or on the savory side (garlicky chèvre, smoked salmon, pickled onions, capers, and homemade egg, sausage, and cheese bagel sandwiches). There's a little something for everyone, perfect for a celebratory brunch on Mother's Day or any day.
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Assembly Time : 25 min
- Total Time : 45 min
- Serves: 6-8
- 6-8 assorted bagels
- 1 recipe Murray's Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel
- STRAWBERRY SPRITZ BUTTER
- 4 Tbsp. Vermont Creamery Strawberry Spritz, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter, softened
- BLUEBERRY SWIRL CREAM CHEESE
- 1 ea. Perrystead Dairy The Real Philly Schmear, 8 oz.
- 2 oz. Murray's Wild Blueberry Preserves
- OTHER ACCOMPANIMENTS
- 1 ea. Westfield Farms Herb Garlic Capri,, 5 oz.
- 1 ea. Fishwife Smoked Salmon with Fly by Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp, 3.2 oz.
- 1 ea. Kansas City Canning Co. Pickled Red Onions, 9 oz.
- Make the Strawberry Spritz Butter: Mix the butter and Strawberry Spritz goat cheese in a bowl until completely incorporated, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Make the Blueberry Swirl Cream Cheese: Combine the jam and Philly Schmear in a small mixing bowl, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Slice the Herb Garlic Capri into coins.
- Slice the bagels, cucumber, tomato, watermelon, and oranges.
- Drain the capers and pickled onions and place in two separate small bowls.
- Place the Fishwife salmon in a small bowl.
- Make Murray's Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Bagels according to recipe instructions.
- On a circular board, arrange the cheese and spreads. Place the bowl of Strawberry Spritz butter at 12 o'clock, the bowl of Blueberry Swirl Cream Cheese at 3 o'clock, and the Capri from 4 o'clock to 6 o'clock in a shingled row.
- Place the small bowl of capers to the left of the blueberry cream cheese and the bowl with the Fishwife salmon between the capers and the Capri.
- Make a row of bagels along the edge of the board from 6 o'clock to 12 o' clock. Place the bowl of pickled onions between the blueberry cream cheese and the Capri.
- Make neat piles of the fruits and vegetables, filling in the space from 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock and moving toward the center of the board. Add the blueberries between the bagels and the salmon.
- Fill in the remaining space in the center of the board with your sliced bagel sandwiches.