The Carnegie Deli Board
SHOP INGREDIENTS & PAIRINGS BELOW
Carnegie Deli BoardA modern take on New York deli staples
Take a taste of salty, juicy New York City history with this board built around an incredible centerpiece: Carnegie Deli Corned Beef and Pastrami. It’s a pairing of two New York institutions, together in one gorgeous spread. Some of Murray’s top cheeses—like delicate, truffle-studded Pyrenees Truffe and rich, brothy Appenzeller Extra mingle with swirled slices of Carnegie deli babka, fruity jams, tart pickles, and classic rye bread. Perfect for lunchtime, snacktime, or anytime you want to be transported to your favorite corner booth.
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Assembly Time : 15 min
- Total Time : 35 min
- Serves: 6-8
- 1 lb. Pyrenees Truffe
- 1 lb. Appenzeller Extra
- 1 lb. Murray’s Estate Gouda
- 1 ea. Carnegie Deli Chocolate Babka, 16 oz.
- 1 ea. Carnegie Deli Cinnamon Babka, 16 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray's Garlic & Dill Pickle Spears, 12 oz.
- 1 loaf seeded rye bread, sliced
- 1 ea. Murray’s Whole Grain Mustard, 7 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Fruit Preserves Mini Sampler
- 1 ea. Murray's Shelled Raw Almonds, 9.5 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Roasted Salted Cashews, 9 oz.
Prep and Assembly Directions
- Slice the Pyrenees Truffe into triangles.
- Cut the Appenzeller Extra and Murray’s Estate Gouda into long rectangular pieces.
- Slice Carnegie Deli Chocolate and Cinnamon Babkas into thick slices.
- Slice the cucumber into coins and the peppers into strips.
- Cut the green tops off the strawberries.
- Remove corned beef and pastrami from their packages and arrange them diagonally in the center of a large board.
- Add a small bowl of cashews near the pastrami and a pile of almonds near the corned beef.
- Place a small bowl of mustard where the two meats meet.
- Add two jars of fruit preserves next to the almonds and and two next to the cashews. Add small spoons to jars for spreading.
- Arrange triangles of Pyrenees Truffe around the almonds.
- Arrange batons of Appenzeller Extra and Murray’s Estate Gouda around the bowl of mustard.
- Add a few slices of rye bread next to both areas with cheeses. Add slices of chocolate babka to bottom left corner of board and slices of cinnamon babka in the middle of the right edge of the board.
- Fill in open spaces with groupings of fresh vegetables and fruit, dried figs, and pickles.