Murray's Estate Gouda
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 12 Months
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
Murray's Estate Gouda hails from one of the last remaining family farms in the Netherlands. It gets its deep, milky aroma and crème brûlée flavor from the milk of cows that graze on fresh pastures studded with sweet clover. Play up its sweetness with a spoonful of Sidehill Raspberry Jam, or go for a savory snack and pair with Murray's Genoa Salami.
- Murray’s Estate Gouda is produced by Kaamps Estate, one of the last remaining family farms in the Netherlands.
- The multi-generational farmstead is located in the eastern region of Twente in the Netherlands, surrounded by picturesque tulip fields.
- Farmer Herbert, the head cheesemaker, and his daughter Femke collect milk from their family’s herd of Holstein-Friesian cows.
- Even the most basic Goudas tend to be sweeter, thanks to the step of washing the curd during the cheesemaking process. By flushing the curds with fresh water, the cheesemaker clears away residual lactic acid from the fermentation process, reducing the acidity and letting the milky sweetness shine.
- The cheese’s distinct sweetness can be traced to two sources: first, the cows whose milk is used to make the cheese graze on fresh pastures studded with clover, which lends sweetness to the milk and accounts for the cheese’s signature yellow paste. Second, once produced, the full wheels of Estate Gouda are washed with a caramel solution to enhance the sweetness.
- While Gouda is a Dutch tradition, dating all the way back to 1184, this Gouda is exclusive to Murray’s here in the United States.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.