The Emerald Isle Board
The Emerald Isle BoardA celebration of Irish cheeses
Whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day or a spring party, this bright board is the ultimate spread to pair with your favorite beers and whiskies. To celebrate Irish cheeses and culture, we’ve created a platter filled with three favorites from the Emerald Isle, a hearty dose of sliced lamb, and some snackable accompaniments, including fresh carrots. This trio of Irish cheeses is guaranteed to please--we’ve selected a classic green wax-bound Irish Cheddar, a mellow aged Gouda from Mossfield, and Ireland’s most iconic blue from the Grubb Family farm. Grab yourself a pint of Guinness and dig in!
- Prep Time : 5 min
- Assembly Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 20 min.
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 lb. Murray’s Irish Cheddar
- 1/2 lb. Grubb Family Cashel Blue
- 1/2 lb. Mossfield Mature Irish Gouda
- 1 ea. Three Little Figs Puddletown Pub Chutney, 9.25 oz.
- 1 ea. Sheridans Mixed Seed Crackers, 5 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Sundried Cranberries, 9.5 oz.
- 4-5 ea. Fresh carrots
- 2 lb. Brooklyn Cured Lamb Prosciutto
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Partially chunk the Irish Cheddar, leaving 3/4 of the block intact.
- Triangle slice the Irish Gouda.
- On a round board, arrange a line of shingled Gouda triangles along the top edge, from the 12 o’clock to the 1 o’clock position. Just right of center, place a wedge of Cashel Blue. At the 7 o’clock position, an inch in from the edge of the board, place an empty jar or small dish. Directly above it, place the wedge of Irish Cheddar, allowing the chunks to fan out and reach the edge of the board.
- In a winding pattern, reaching from the top of the board between the Cheddar and Gouda, drape the prosciutto so it sits in between the Cashel Blue and the jar, and reaches to the bottom edge of the board.
- Shingle the crackers along the the bottom left edge of the board, filling the empty space between the Cheddar and the prosciutto. Arrange a pile of sundried cherries in the top right space of the board, between the Gouda and Cashel Blue, extending to the edge of the board.
- Fill the jar with the Puddletown Pub Chutney.
- Fill the empty space on the lower right area of the board with fresh carrots and greens.