The Oishii Strawberry Pairing Board
The Oishii Strawberry Pairing BoardA cheesy spread featuring Omakase Berries
This bright board features Oishii Strawberries, a unique type of berry with an international background. In Japan, strawberries grown in the mountain foothills are prized for their flavor and freshness, and Oishii has taken those Japanese berries and brought them to New York through an innovative vertical farming technique. Juicy, sweet, and perfectly balanced, these rare and special strawberries are the ideal pairing for a wide range of similarly sweet, snackable cheeses like Gouda, Parm, Mascarpone, and more. Just add some crisp, buttery biscuits and a dash of balsamic vinegar for a summer spread that’s bursting with fresh flavor.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Assembly Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 20 min.
- Serves: 4-6
- ½ lb. Ewephoria Sheep Gouda
- ½ lb. Chiriboga Blue
- ½ lb. Robiola Bosina
- ½ lb. Milton Creamery Flory's Truckle
- ½ lb. Murray's Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 ea. Barn First Quinby, 5 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray's Mascarpone, 8.8 oz.
- On a round board, arrange the cheeses around the edge of the board, leaving space between the cheeses and in the center of the board.
- Make two shingled lines of Effie’s Oatcakes and Rustic Bakery Meyer Lemon Shortbread, respectively. Place each line neatly where there’s room between or around the cheeses.
- Fill the rest of the board with Oishii Strawberries.
- Garnish with basil and serve with balsamic vinegar on the side for dipping and pairing.