The Travel Cheese Board
The Travel Cheese BoardSavory bites from around the globe
We’re making stops in England, Italy, France, Afghanistan, and the USA with this international spread of savory eats. Featuring four snackable cheeses, two rich meats, and a handful of bright and crunchy accompaniments, this board is the ultimate picnic platter or appetizer plate. Leave your passport at home and get a taste of some of the world’s best bites with cheeses like English Cheddar and Robiola, plus traditional Spanish sobrasada, sweet apricot kernels, and cornichons.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Assembly Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 30 min.
- Serves: 4-6
- ½ lb. Murray's Aged English Cheddar
- 1 ea. Fresh Robiola, 100 gr.
- ½ lb. Central Coast Seascape
- ½ lb. Murray's 18 Month Aged Comte
- 1 ea. Charlito's Cocina Sobrasada, 5 oz.
- 1 ea. Red Table Mini Mortadella, 10 oz.
- On a round board, arrange the cheeses and two empty jars or bowls. Fan out the triangles of Seascape in a shingled pattern along the edge of the board from the 10 o’clock to 12 o’clock section of the board. Place the Fresh Robiola near the 7 o’clock position of the board. Make a neat pile of Comte pieces from 2-3 o’clock, and place the Aged English Cheddar and chunks from the 2-3 o’clock position, with the chunks spilling into the center of the board. Place the 2 jars about an inch in from the edge of the board near the 6 o’clock and 1 o’clock positions.
- Make long shingled lines of each meat stretching from the edge of the board towards the middle, arranging the Mini Mortadella between the Seascape and Robiola and the Sobrasada between the Aged English Cheddar and Comte.
- Make a pile of Firehook Sea Salt Crackers between the Seascape and the Aged English Cheddar.
- Surround the Fresh Robiola with Moka Pecans and fill the bottom jar with Ziba Apricot Kernels.
- Fill the other jar with Trois Petits Cochons Cornichons.