Murray's Lightly Salted Mozzarella
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Vegetarian Rennet
- Age: 1-2 Days
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
- United States
Please order Murray's Lightly Salted Mozzarella in full-pound units, starting with a minimum of 1 pound. Tender and delicate with a clean, lactic flavor, Murray’s Lightly Salted Mozzarella is made using whole milk and follows a family tradition. The Salzarulo family who makes the cheese brought their mozzarella-making method to America from their home region of Lioni, Italy. It is a classically delicious mozzarella that pairs well with Prosciutto San Daniele, some fresh basil, and a drizzle of Murray's Italian Olive Oil.
- Murray’s Lightly Salted Mozzarella is made from farm-fresh pasteurized cow’s milk to give it its clean, milky flavor that combines notes of grass and sweet cream with a subtle saltiness.
- The whole milk curds are submerged in hot water and gently pulled to create the smooth, tender texture.
- Founded in 1980, it is produced by Lioni Latticini, a New Jersey-based business owned by the Salzarulo family.
- The family carried cheesemaking traditions from their home in Lioni, Italy to their New Jersey operations.
While harder cheeses can stay fresh for up to two to three weeks when wrapped tightly and unopened, fresh style cheeses are best consumed within a few days. The best thing to do is to keep the cheese in one of your refrigerator drawers or the vegetable bin; this will help to keep your cheese from drying out. If your cheese is packed in olive oil or brine, store any leftovers in the liquid and follow package instructions. All cheeses and meats are perishables—by definition they degrade over time—so we encourage our customers to enjoy the cheese while it's in peak condition!
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.