Board: The Latkes & Toppings Board
The Latkes & Toppings BoardThe perfect Hanukkah snack platter
We’re taking traditional Hanukkah sides up a notch with this gorgeous board piled high with hearty toppings for one of our favorite treats--latkes. These potato pancakes are a classic staple of holiday meals, and there are plenty of ways to add some extra original flavor to a crisp, buttery bite. We’ve filled six jars with jam, honey, creme fraiche and more to get creative, and built a spread of smoked salmon, sweet Gjetost, rich Oma, and savory Truffle Cheddar and raclette, plus slices of fresh cucumber and green apple for a touch of crispness. Perfect for brunch with the family or entertaining friends, this make-your-own toppings spread is the ultimate holiday snack plate.
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Assembly Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 40 min.
- Serves: 6-8
- 10-12 Latkes (Homemade or Store Bought)
- 1/2 lb. French Raclette
- 1/2 lb. Von Trapp Oma
- 1 ea. Ski Queen Gjetost, 8.8 oz.
- 1 ea. Grafton Truffle Cheddar Bar, 8 oz.
- 1 ea. Vermont Creamery Creme Fraiche, 8 oz.
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Parsley
- 1 ea. Acme Sockeye Salmon, 3 oz.
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Dice the Gjetost and the Grafton Truffle Cheddar Bar.
- Slice the Oma into squares and cut the Raclette into long rectangles.
- Fold the slices of salmon into miniature wraps.
- Slice a cucumber into thin coins and cut a green apple into thin, even-sized slices.
- Finely chop a red onion into diced pieces.
- On a round board, place six empty jars in a small circle, about two inches apart and two inches from the center of the board.
- In the center of the circle of jars, pile all the latkes.
- In a wedge shape radiating out from the top right jar, make a neat pile of Oma squares that stretches from the jar to the edge of the board. Do the same with the cubes of Gjetost from the center left jar, and with the Raclette and Truffle Cheddar cheeses from the bottom right jar.
- In a wedge shape radiating out from the center right jar, create a shingled pile of folded salmon slices, leaving some room on either side between the cheeses.
- Fill each jar respectively with creme fraiche, French Onion Confit, apple butter, tomato jam, honey, and diced onion.
- In a wedge shape radiating out from the top left jar, neatly shingle the coins of cucumber until they reach the edge of the board, leaving some room on either side between the cheeses. Do the same with the slices of apple from the bottom left jar.
- Fill the empty spaces on the board between toppings with parsley or greens of your choice.