The St. Patrick’s Day Board
The St. Patrick’s Day BoardEmbrace of the luck of the Irish with this board made for a St. Patrick’s Day feast!
Grab your Guinness and celebrate the most Irish of holidays with this St. Paddy’s themed board! Featuring three Irish cheeses--Cashel Blue, Durrus, and of course, Irish Cheddar--plus our latest colorful Cavemaster experiment, this party platter is a cheesy display of Irish indulgence. With savory elements added from Olympia Provisions and some sweet root vegetables giving a nod to the Irish flag, this board is the ideal centerpiece for your St. Patrick’s Day spread!
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Assembly Time : 10 min.
- Total Time : 20 min.
- Serves: 6
- 1 ea. Vermatcha, 4 oz.
- 1 lb Murray’s Irish Cheddar
- 1/2 lb Cashel Blue
- 1/2 lb Durrus
- 1 ea. Spinach
- 1 ea. Carrots
- 1 ea. Turnips
- 1 ea. Sheridans Brown Bread Crackers, 5 oz.
- 1 ea. Three Little Figs Puddletown Pub Chutney, 9oz.
- 1 ea. Cashews
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Chunk the cheddar
- Partially crumble the Cashel Blue, leaving 3/4 of the cheese intact.
- Cut the Durrus into thick, even-sized slices.
- Slice the Vermatcha into even-sized wedges.
- Cut the Summer Sausage into thick slices and the Sweetheart Ham into thin slices.
- Place the cheddar chunks inside a square of their original wax rind, creating two overlapping frames filled with the chunks in the upper left corner of the board. Shingle the slices of Durrus just below, along the left edge of the board. Place the Cashel Blue wedge and crumbles in the top center of the board, and arrange the Vermatcha slices in a semi-circle around a jar or dish in the bottom right corner of the board.
- Drape the Sweetheart Ham slices between the cheddar and Cashel Blue, extending from the top to the bottom of the board. Fill the remaining space in the Vermatcha semi-circle with slices of the Summer Sausage.
- Pile the crackers in the empty top right corner of the board.
- Fill the remaining space in the middle of the board with green, white, and orange veggies--we like using spinach leaves, carrots, and turnips.
- Fill the jar or dish with the chutney
- Sprinkle cashews around the board for a touch of color.