The Ultimate Cheddar Board
The Ultimate Cheddar BoardA serious snack platter for cheddar lovers
Rain or shine, cheddar is the perfect snack for any weather. This cheddar-loaded board is stacked with five of our favorite sweet, crumbly, and crunchy selections, along with a whole lot of bright bites for a spread that’s perfect for parties, family gatherings, and easy entertaining. Cheddars come in all styles and flavors, so we’ve chosen a variety of classics: bright, crumbly Montgomery’s Cheddar, rich, savory Cabot Clothbound, earthy truffle-studded cheddar, sweet maple-like goat’s milk cheddar. For pairings, we selected silky Jambon de Bayonne, crunchy pickles, apple slices, and sweet cipollini onions to create a platter of bright flavor and exciting textures.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Assembly Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 30 min.
- Serves: 8
- 1/2 lb. Neal's Yard Dairy Montgomery's Cheddar
- 1/2 lb. Cellars At Jasper Hill Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
- 1 ea. Ellsworth Cheddar Cheese Curds, 16 oz.
- 1 ea. Grafton Truffle Cheddar Bar, 8 oz.
- 1/2 lb. Quicke’s Mature Cheddar
- 1 ea. Sidehill Farm Raspberry Jam, 9 oz.
- 1 ea. Le Bon Magot Tomato and White Sultana Chutney, 2 oz.
- 1 ea. Cipollini Onions, 8 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray's Bread and Butter Pickle Chips, 24 oz.
- 1 ea. Z Crackers Sea Salt And Olive Oil Crackers, 8 oz.
- 1 ea. Jambon de Bayonne, 3 oz.
- On a rectangular board, place two empty jars or small dishes diagonally, about an inch apart, in the top left area of the board.
- In the center of the board, place the Mature Cheddar and chunks. In the top right corner and bottom left corner, place the other two partially chunked cheddars. Arrange cheddar curds in a pile between the jars, and in a pile along the top edge of the board. Shingle the slices of Truffle Cheddar and arrange into curving lines towards the center from the top edge of the board, bottom edge, and right edge.
- Arrange the Jambon de Bayonne in the empty space between cheeses in the center left edge of the board and the center right edge of the board.
- In the top left corner and bottom right corner of the board, shingle and fan out the crackers.
- Arrange neat piles of cipollini onions in the empty spaces on the top edge of the board and the right side of the board.
- Fill the empty spaces in the middle of the board with pickle chips.
- Fill the jars with the raspberry jam and chutney, and fill the rest of the board with apple slices and greens for garnish.