Board: The Jasper Hill Cheese Board
The Jasper Hill Cheese BoardOur favorite cheeses from an iconic Vermont maker
The makers we work with are a huge part of Murray’s delicious history, so for this board, we’re celebrating the iconic Jasper Hill Farm. With an on-site underground aging facility and full dairy farm, this famous Vermont cheese operation is known for their 22,000-square foot cellars that provide their award-winning cheeses a “Taste of Place” of Vermont’s landscape. For this cheese maker-centric board, we’ve chosen four of Jasper Hill’s most beloved cheeses, including Harbison, Bayley Hazen Blue, and Cabot Clothbound Cheddar. Just add some delectable charcuterie from Brooklyn Cured and a few of Murray’s best pantry staples, and you’ll have a crowd-pleasing spread in just minutes.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Assembly Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 25 min.
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 ea. Jasper Hill Farm Harbison, 9 oz.
- 1/2 lb. Jasper Hill Farm Alpha Tolman
- 1/2 lb. Jasper Hill Farm Bayley Hazen Blue
- 1/2 lb. Cellars At Jasper Hill Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
- 1 ea. Murray's Heirloom Apple Butter, 9.6 oz.
- 1 ea. Three Little Figs French Onion Confit, 9.25 oz.
- 1 ea. Trois Petit Cornichons, 12 oz.
- 1 ea. Brewer's Sesame Sea Salt Crackers, 5 oz.
- 1 ea. Raincoast Crisps Fig And Olive Crisps, 6 oz.
- 1 ea. Candied Walnuts, 8 oz.
- 1 ea. Peppadews, 14.75 oz.
- Fresh herbs
- On a rectangular board, place three empty jars in a triangle shape in the center of the board.
- In the top left corner of the board, place the Cabot Clothbound Cheddar wedge and chunks. In the bottom right corner, place a full wedge of Bayley Hazen Blue. Just above the topmost jar on the board, create a long shingled line of Alpha Tolman. Diagonally below that, touching the bottom left jar, place a full wheel of Harbison.
- Between the Cabot Clothbound and the Alpha Tolman, neatly pile the Sopressata rosettes, filling the space and reaching towards the jars and Harbison. Just above the Bayley Hazen Blue, create a pile of Bresaola rosettes that reach from the right edge of the board to the jars in the middle.
- In the bottom left corner of the board, create a neat pile of Raincoast Fig Olive Crisps. Between the Harbison and the Bayley Hazen Blue, pile the Brewer’s Sesame Sea Salt Crackers.
- Fill the space around the left edge of the Harbison wheel with candied walnuts, and fill the empty space in the top right corner of the board with cornichons.
- Fill one jar each with Peppadews, Apple Butter, and French Onion Confit, respectively.
- Fill the remaining spaces on the board with blackberries, and garnish with dill or greens of your choice.