The Father’s Day Bourbon Pairing Board
SHOP INGREDIENTS & PAIRINGS BELOW
Father’s Day Bourbon Pairing BoardA bourbon lover’s dream snack spread.
Whether your dad likes his bourbon neat or on the rocks, straight or in a cocktail… We’ve assembled the ultimate elevated snack spread to pair with that uniquely sweet and aromatic spirit. For cheeses, there’s brothy, savory Appenzeller Extra, funky Greensward, sweet, grassy Roaring Forties Blue, and (naturally) bourbon-washed BellaVitano. Each cheese was chosen to bring out new and exciting notes in your favorite beverage. Plus, there’s snackable salami and pickles bringing some salty goodness between sips. With a feast like this, it’s guaranteed to be a happy Father’s Day.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Assembly Time : 20 min
- Total Time : 35 min
- Serves: 4-6
- ½ lb. Appenzeller Extra
- 1 ea. Murray’s Cave Aged Reserve Greensward, 10 oz.
- ½ lb. Sartori Bourbon BellaVitano
- ½ lb. King Island Dairy Roaring Forties Blue
- 1 ea. Red Bear Tipsy Cow Beef & Brandy Salami, 6 oz.
- Cut the Appenzeller Extra into rectangular batons.
- Slice off a portion of the top rind of the Greensward, using our guidance for spruce-wrapped wheels.
- Slice the Bourbon BellaVitano into thin rectangles.
- Crumble three quarters of the Roaring Forties Blue, leaving the remainder intact.
- Slice the salami into bite size coins.
- On a round board, place a small bowl at 6 o’clock and a slightly larger bowl between 1 and 2 o’clock.
- Arrange your cheeses. First, place a pile of your Appenzeller batons at 12 o’clock. Place your intact Roaring Forties Blue between 4 and 5 o’clock, then arrange the crumbles moving in toward the center of the board. Place your Greensward between 7 and 8 o’clock. Directly above, arrange your slices of Bourbon BellaVitano overlapping from 9 to 11 o’clock.
- Arrange your slices of salami in the center of the board.
- Starting at 12 o’clock and moving clockwise to 4 o’clock, arrange your crackers, starting in a narrow layer around the bowl and then filling in the space up to the Roaring Forties Blue.
- Add fig jam to the small bowl and the carrot pickles to the slightly larger bowl.
- Fill in the space between the Roaring Forties blue and the Greensward with cherry tomatoes. Add the thyme sprigs between the Bourbon BellaVitano and the Appenzeller. Enjoy with your favorite bourbon!