The Fruit, Veggies, and Cheese Pairing Board
The Fruit, Veggies, and Cheese Pairing BoardA bright platter piled high with fresh fruits and veggies
Get ready for fresh flavor! This board is the ultimate summer picnic staple. We’ve combined four snackable, fan-favorite cheeses with some homemade ramp butter, bright berry jam, and a huge helping of fresh fruit and vegetables to create a mix of easy and refreshing bites that you can serve up for any occasion. Fire up the grill and char some Halloumi along with the burgers you’re cooking, and serve it alongside creamy D’Affinois, a bright herb goat log, and crunchy Gouda, plus a whole lot of mouthwatering watermelon.
- Prep Time : 30 min
- Assembly Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 50 min.
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 lb Fromager D’Affinois
- 1 ea. Vermont Creamery Herb Goat Log, 4 oz.
- 1 lb. Boerenkaas Gouda
- 1 ea. Halloumi
- For the Ramp Butter:
- 8 oz. Isigny Ste Mere Salted Butter, 250g
- 2 cups Ramp leaves (stems removed)
- 1 ea. Murray's Wild Blueberries Preserves, 10 oz.
- 1 ea. Jan's Farmhouse Crisps Cranberry & Pistachio, 4 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Spicy Marcona Almonds, 4.2 oz.
- Hothouse Cucumbers
- Beets & Beet Leaves
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Blanched Asparagus
- Make the Ramp Butter by blanching the ramp leaves by immersing in boiling water for 15-20 seconds and straining before placing in an ice bath. Puree in a blender until a paste is formed. Combine softened butter and ramp paste in a bowl until a homogenous mixture is formed. Salt to taste.
- Grill the Halloumi.
- Slice the Goat Log into coins
- Slice the Gouda into batonettes.
- Triangle slice the watermelon and cut the cucumbers and beets into coins.
- On a rectangular board, arrange two empty jars near the bottom right corner.
- Around the jars, arrange slices of the Herb Goat Log, shingling them neatly. Make a pile of grilled Halloumi in the upper right corner of the board. Toward the top right corner, place a wedge of Fromager D’Affinois. On either side, make two small piles of Gouda slices, leaving some room between the cheeses.
- Make a pile of Spicy Marcona Almonds in the center of the board. Then create a shingled pile of Jan’s Farmhouse Crisps in the bottom right corner of the board.
- Fill the two jars with Ramp Butter and Wild Blueberry Preserves.
- Arrange flat piles of beet leaves around the top right and bottom left corners of the board.
- Fill the empty space around the Halloumi with watermelon slices, and fill the empty space between the D’Affinois and the Gouda with blanched asparagus.
- Create alternating shingled piles of cucumber and beets on top of the beet leaves. Then fill the empty space in the center of the board with cherry tomatoes.