Jake Cohen's Pride Board
Rainbow Pride Board by Jake CohenA colorful and delicious celebration of food and love from NYC’s food expert
Love is love, and we’re celebrating that this month with a special board from food writer and critic Jake Cohen! Featuring an edible homage to the Pride flag, with a rainbow made out of some of our favorite cheeses, meats, and sweet snacks, this board is as beautiful as it is tasty. Jake’s stacked this crowd-pleasing platter high with classics like Old Chatham Camembert, Bayley Hazen Blue, and even his own recipe for pickled watermelon radishes for a crisp crunch of summer flavor. Gather your friends, family, and loved ones to enjoy this colorful and cheese-packed dedication to June’s Pride celebration.
- 1/2 lb. Bayley Hazen Blue
- 1 ea. Old Chatham Camembert 4oz
- 1/2 lb. Alisios
- 1/2 lb. Alp Blossom
- 1 ea. Brooklyn Cured Bresaola, 3 oz.
- 1 ea. Pitted Castelvetrano Olives 4.9 oz;
- 1 ea. Murray's Sundried Cherries 8 oz;
- 1 ea. Dardimans Mandarin Crisps 2 oz
- 1 ea. Honeycomb
- 1 ea. B & R Blenheim Apricots 8 oz
- 1 ea. Raincoat Crisps Oat Crisps 6 oz.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pickled Watermelon Radishes
- Fresh Figs
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Make the Pickled Watermelon Radishes: Combine 1 cup white wine vinegar, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons salt, and 1 teaspoon coriander in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, cooking until sugar is dissolved. Place 3 thinly sliced watermelon radishes in a heatproof glass jar and cover with hot pickling liquid. Let cool completely and then cover and chill overnight before using.
- Triangle cut the Alp Blossom and Bayley Hazen Blue; Slice the Alisios and Camembert into rectangles.
- Fold the Bresaola into triangles.
- On a round board, create four lines of sliced cheese, with an empty bowl or small plate sitting at the 9-o’clock space on the board. Towards the top, about an inch down from the top edge, create a line of Alisios slices stretching across the width of the board. About an inch below that, starting at the empty bowl, shingle a line of Alp Blossom triangles with a line of Camembert slices directly underneath, stretching across to the opposite edge of the board. Half an inch below that, shingle a line of alternating Bayley Hazen Blue triangles across the board in the same style.
- At the top of the board, create a line of Raincoast Oat Crisp. Directly underneath, make a line of folded Bresaola, spanning the width of the board.
- Directly underneath the Alisios, create a line of Dardimans Mandarin Crisps, followed underneath by a line of B & R Blenheim Apricots, filling the space between the Alisios and the Alp Blossom.
- Fill the space between the Camembert and the Bayley Hazen Blue with a line of Castelvetrano Olives. Place the Honeycomb on the empty dish or plate.
- Fill the space in between the Bresaola and the Alisios with cherry tomatoes.
- Create a line of blueberries directly underneath the Bayley Hazen Blue.
- Fill the space at the bottom of the board, underneath the blueberries, with pickled watermelon radishes, and top with fresh figs.