Board: The Season's Cheeses Board by Jake Cohen
The Season’s Cheeses Board by Jake CohenAn expertly curated holiday spread
Cozy up to this wintery cheese creation from writer and food critic Jake Cohen! Perfect for holiday parties, wine nights, or stay-cations with friends, this simple and delicious cheese board features five of our favorite eye-catching and crowd-pleasing cheeses, not to mention sweet sides like fresh persimmon, dried apricots and cherries, and plenty of honey. The star of this seasonal platter is a pyramid of velvety, ashed Valencay, surrounded by a variety of classics like Stilton and Gruyère, plus more adventurous selections like Elderflower Cheddar and Alisios. Paired with some crisp crackers, nuts, and a hearty helping of Jamon Serrano, this holiday spread is perfect for easy entertaining.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Assembly Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 35 min.
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 ea. Valencay 8 oz.
- 1/2 lb. Alisios
- 1/2 lb. Gruyère Alpage Moleson
- 1/2 lb. Quicke’s Elderflower Cheddar
- 1/2 lb. Colston Bassett Stilton
- 1 ea. Red Bee Honey Comb Box 12 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Marcona Almonds 4.2 oz.
- 1 ea. Mitica Acacia Honey 4.23 oz.
- 1 ea. Murray’s Sundried Cranberries 9.5 oz.
- 1 ea. B & R Blenheim Apricots 8 oz.
- 1 ea. Firehook Sea Salt Crackers 5.5 oz.
- 1 ea. Jan’s Farmhouse Crisps Cranberry & Pistachio 4 oz.
- 1 ea. Persimmon, sliced
- 1 ea. Jamon Serrano Gran Reserva 3 oz.
- Remove cheeses from fridge one hour before serving.
- Slice the Alisios into even-sized rectangles.
- Triangle slice the Elderflower Cheddar.
- Slice the Gruyère into long rectangles.
- Cut two small wedges out of the Valencay.
- Wrap the Jamon Serrano into small, tight rolls.
- On a round board, place an empty jar or bowl at the 2 o’clock position, about an inch from the edge of the board.
- Place the Valencay in the center of the board. Place the triangles of Elderflower Cheddar from the 9-10 o’clock position on the board. Place the Stilton at the 5 o’clock position on the board, about an inch from the edge of the board. Place the Alisios slices from the 6-8 o’clock position on the board, and again from the 2-3 o’clock position on the board, behind the jar. Place the Gruyère slices from the 12-1 o’clock position on the board.
- In the space between the Valencay, the Stilton, and the empty jar, create a neat pile of Jamon Serrano rolls, standing vertically.
- Spread a pile of Firehook Sea Salt Crackers between the Elderflower Cheddar and the Gruyère, and create a pile of Jan’s Farmhouse Crisps just below them, filling the space between the Valencay and the outer cheeses. Fill the space on the edge of the board between the Alisios and the outer edge of the Stilton with Jan’s Farmhouse Crisps, from the 3-4 o’clock position. Immediately to the left, place a neat pile of Firehook Sea Salt Crackers.
- Fill the remaining space on the board with a mix of Marcona Almonds, Blenheim Apricots, and Sundried Cherries, leaving a small empty space between the Elderflower Cheddar and the Valencay.
- In the remaining empty space, place the honey comb. Then fill the jar with Acacia Honey.
- Add sliced persimmon along the right side of the board.